Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Welcome to this world Katelyn Rae!

Here is Katelyn's arrival story and some pictures from her first week. 
 
On October 12, I went in for my 37 week appointment.  I'd been put on bedrest earlier in the week for preeclampsia and my blood pressure had actually been fine since then.  That morning when I woke up my face was very swollen and at the doctor's my blood pressure was high again.  My OB/GY said that since I was 37 weeks there was more risk for keeping Katelyn in then for inducing a few weeks early.  So she called the hospital and I went home to collect my bags and Kyle.  At the hospital our nurse Wendy got me hooked up to monitors and started the pitocin.  Tick, tock, a long time passes, which was fine because Kyle had to stay home with Drew until my mom could get there.  Around 1pm he made it to the hospital.  Finally I requested an epidural and then they could crank the pitocin a little higher to speed things along.  My doctor arrived just in time to catch her at 6:23 pm.  She was 5 lbs 11.6 oz.  and 19 inches long.  Of course we think she is perfect and so do her very proud big brothers. 
 
 
Drew and Kyle came to visit me prior to Katelyn's arrival while we were waiting for Mimi to get to our house.

My first time to hold Katelyn.



 
Kyle adores his little girl!



My doctor, Katelyn and I


Blake's first time to hold Katelyn.  He loves getting to hold her.

First family of 5 photo

1st bath


I love how skeptical Drew is of her

He warmed up quickly to her though.

 
Going home day




 
Her clothes are all a little big right now, but this dress that uncle Josh and Aunt Maddi gave her is just too cute not to put on her, plus it was one of the only newborn sized outfits we had since we thought she was going to be a big baby.  Not 40 lbs like Drew had quessed, but at least 8 lbs.

 
These next few pictures are what she does almost 24/7 but she is starting to wake up a little more.



 
I love my little girl!!



1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable Kelly! All of you look so happy! I can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete