Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July


Blake's ice cream mustache

Drew in his 4th of July outfit
**We bought a new camera and I think they were too large to load more than 2 pictures. Once I figure it out I will post more.


Blake had a great 4th of July weekend. He started it off with a bike ride to the pool with daddy and then a very special treat. He got to go see the movie UP. He was so excited about it and kept talking about how the balloons hooked to the house and made it fly away. Friday night I drove Blake to see the Avery Ranch fireworks. He loves watching fireworks from the car because he doesn't have to hear that loud noise. Saturday we had a nice relaxing day getting a few household things accomplished and making delicious homemade ice cream. Blake helped crack the eggs. We only lost one egg to the floor so I thought that was pretty good. Saturday night we got together with some neighbors from the playgroup and had pizza, watermelon and ice cream. We put Blake to bed before the fireworks started but Kyle and I got to see quite a few nice ones from our neighbors' firework displays. We taped the Washington D.C. fireworks TV special so that Blake could watch more fireworks when he woke up. He kept wanting to watch and listen to the part where Aretha Franklin sings. So I asked him why he liked her. He said it was because she was pretty and loud. To finish off the weekend we got a couple of new addicting games for our PS3. We actually have hardly used it at all since we bought it in January. Now that we have a classic game like pin ball we are getting much more use out of it. Don't worry we are not addicts and only play one or two games all day. No, I did not forget about Drew. He also had a nice weekend. He has now climbed all the way to the top of our stairs (with me right behind him) and even stood unassisted for about 4 seconds yesterday. What a big boy!













No comments:

Post a Comment