Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New bike, new goggles, new chair

Drew's wild hair day
New goggles (For those who are thinking, "Why is he swimming in a hot tub?" Don't worry, it's not actually hot)

New bike


We had a very fun weekend. On Friday we bought Blake a new (used) bike. He has a tricycle that he's had problems getting the hang of. Someone told me that a bike might be easier for him. Got the bike, perfect fit. I was excited to see how quickly he jumped on the bike and started riding(with training wheels, of course). Then I realized he wasn't actually pedaling, he must have just been on a hill :( We've tried it a few other times and he still just likes to coast or pedal backwards, which puts the brakes on. Any suggestions? He also tried on goggles for the first time on Friday. He's getting braver in the water now. He still doesn't see the need to kick his legs, but I'm sure that will come. Now that he has the goggles maybe he can start retrieving things under water.
Friday night Kyle and I helped out with an apartment ministry pool party with our small group. It was very hot since we were not in the pool. Saturday night we had some friends and their two sons over. It was a great time. Blake and their oldest son played together and the two younger boys just kind of hung out. We actually got some adult conversation in and it was wonderful! Sunday we met a friend from Truman (Kara Cappos) and her husband for brunch at a very delicious breakfast place called Moonshine in downtown Austin. They were in town for a wedding. After that we drove to Taylor, Tx to buy a chair for our upstairs. We were only able to drive about 20 miles an hour on I-35 so that was pleasant with two tired kids in the back. Gotta love I-35 traffic. I love the chair though so it was probably worth it.









No comments:

Post a Comment