Thursday, December 31, 2009
The pictures are coming..but here is what is on my heart today
I know everyone reading this is probably anxiously waiting for Christmas pictures. They are coming. I actually just wanted to take this moment to share some of my thoughts. Some of you probably know Jason Ceretti. I just found out that his wife Dana passed away yesterday after a very long battle with Cystic Fibrosis. They have a little girl named Abby. I don't keep in touch with Jason anymore and I didn't know his wife other than meeting her a few times. I know from what I've heard though that she was an incredible woman who inspired everyone around her. My friend Jenny said that she never complained, even though she probably was the only one who truly had reason to. Jenny said during our phone call today that she really hopes that Abby knows what a wonderful woman her mom was. As I sit in tears mourning for a woman I hardly knew, I think of my own life and how truly blessed I am. My sons are healthy, my husband and I are healthy and we so often take that for granted. I know that I don't live for today. I am always running ahead and looking for what is next. How often am I missing moments that could affect eternity. Dana is in heaven now and finally able to breathe easily without pain. I know from reading her caring bridge web page that she lived not only for the moment, but to help others see God's light in her. She's inspired me and I hope that each of you will take a moment to reflect on your own priorities and how precious life is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment