Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011: Part 2

So we left Kansas City on Wednesday and arrived in Des Moines for a quick overnight stay at my grandparent's house.  My family is wonderful though and everyone from my mom's side who lives in Des Moines stopped by to see us.  I even got to visit with my good friend Jenny for about 15 minutes when she stopped by.  It was a very short visit, but it was great to see so many people. 



Buddies Pampa and Drew off to see the horses.  Blake asked if they were going to see the goats.  I guess he is no longer a Midwestern boy.  We don't see too many horses here in Austin. 


Blake is getting ready to take down my cousin Brian using one of his kung fu moves.



Brian's daughter Anna and Blake had a blast hanging out together.



Yum, Iowa sweet corn.  It's the best!  I took this picture because I think this might be the first time I've seen my grandpa help prepare food and I wanted proof :)

Drew has no idea how to eat this.

Drew loves Megan!

Morning pancakes with grandma Jones

You've gotta love Iowa rest stops!


No comments:

Post a Comment