Monday, July 8, 2013

Kansas City Trip-4th of July

 
Our summer trip to KC was one of my favorites.  We had such a great time!  The boys took a guys road trip and drove while Katelyn and I flew.  Katelyn did great for her first airplane ride.  When we landed two of my aunts and my cousin Laura were there to pick me up at the airport.  It was so special to get to see them!  I have such great aunts!!  The timing worked out for the boys to meet us at the restaurant and take us down to Kyle's parents on their way in to town.
 
 

 
On our first full day in KC, we went to Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun.  It had been a very long time since I'd been there.  Drew's favorite thing might have been the animated dinosaur at the entrance.  He loved the Octopus ride.  Blake's favorite ride was the Monsoon.  Drew and Adelyn were two small to ride some of the rides, but we hung out at Planet Snoopy most of the day and they all had a blast!



 
After a long day at the parks we got to have date night at Jack Stack (our favorite BBQ in KC). 


This picture cracks me up
 
Katelyn got really good at crawling on our trip.  Probably because she needed to try to keep up with her older cousins.  This is Isaac (Matt and Maureen's son).   Gage and Isaac were constantly on the go so I don't have very many pictures of them

 
Other activities included hanging out, swimming and miniature golf



 
The boys were helping make cupcakes for the 4th

I love this picture of Vicki, Adelyn and Katelyn
 

 
 
On the 4th we went to a place called Missouri Town.  There were horses, old buildings, a blacksmith shop and a parade

From Left to Right....Isaac, Adelyn, Drew, Katelyn, Blake and Gage
 
 
 


The boys loved saying "Hip Hip Hooray!"

Drew taught Katelyn how to play the drums

 
This is Kyle's cousin Kim and her little boy Hudson.  Super cute little guy.  He's about 5 weeks younger than Katelyn.  I think they're going to be pals.


 
 
 
The boys loved doing sparklers and fireworks.  They wanted to be right up in the action with Kyle and their uncle Matt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment