A few weeks later it was time for Katelyn's 1st Birthday celebration. First step was to get completely addicted to pinterest and search for birthday themes and ideas. After much searching I decided on a pinwheel theme because Katelyn loves toys that have spinners on them. Now on to the invites. I found some adorable 1st birthday photo ideas, here is one below that I really wanted to use, but Katelyn was unhappy and didn't really seem like herself. Plus, it was a really windy day and it just didn't work out.
I even tried to take one indoors in case it was the wind that was bothering her....
Finally I realized that a simple picture with balloons is going to be the best and final option.
Now on to the party!
Katelyn opened her presents from both sets of grandparents before the other guests arrived. She loves her baby doll from Lo Lo and La La
She also loves her stuffed animal from Granny and GG
Katelyn is introduced early to money from Grandma and Grandpa Jones. Later this money turned in to a new outfit and a new book.
Katelyn LOVES her new books from Aunt Mo, Uncle Matt, Isaac and Caleb
This fun doll from Mimi and Pampa sings to her. She'll bring the doll over to us and say "uh?" which means she wants us to make it talk.
She also loves her cookie sheet she got from Sissy, Uncle Pat and Livi......(Cindy you might be thinking...don't they already have that because I got that for Blake when he was a baby? Yes we did have it but Blake loved it so much that we no longer had the pieces to it)
Here are some of the guests that were able to come help us celebrate
This is our neighbor Debbie
This is Katelyn's friend Blair and her mom in the background. They are part of are small group.
Mark and Missy
We rented a bounce house for the kids....there were about 12 kids Blake and Drew's age so it was money well spent...as yes, I even got in to enjoy it.
Decorations...couldn't have done it without the help from my mother-in-law
Here are more random pictures
Emily wanted to get Katelyn a present. She picked out the perfect size baby dolls for her. Katelyn caries them around everywhere!
Here is Katelyn's smash cake. It still looked like this after I'd given it to her.
Maybe the number of people watching her scared her.
She did not want to eat the cake....
The next morning I tried again just in case it was the crowd...nope...she just doesn't like cake.
Looks like she had such a great party! I might be stealing some of your ideas for Hudson's party! Happy Birthday Drew and Katelyn!
ReplyDeleteCatching up on my blog reading... Love your pinwheel decorations! Pinterest... love it and hate it. ;) Funny that Katelyn didn't want to cooperate with the balloon basket or cake. You still got lots of adorable photos and memories. What a cutie. :) Can't believe she's already one! Happy super belated birthday!
ReplyDelete