This week has been a very imaginative week. Blake is obsessed with super heroes right now. Unfortunately, I have been demoted from a super hero to a Danger Ranger. Blake claims that woman can't be super heroes but they can be Danger Rangers. That's fine...it's a little more fitting for me anyway. His new favorite activities this week are swimming by himself with his swim vest on (Yippee, we are so proud of him), making Energy Man and the scenes from Little Big Planet with his Legos (courtesy of uncle Matt and aunt Maureen) and watching daddy play Little Big Planet. Supposedly I'm not as good so he likes to wait until daddy gets home. Wow, tough week for mom. Good thing I don't get my sense of self worth from my 3 year old. One more funny story for the week....We were remembering last summer and talking about how Drew was still in my tummy. Blake asked how he got out and luckily we quickly came up with the answer that God made women's bodies special so that we could have babies. Blake then replied, "Daddy's tummy was already too fat so he couldn't fit a baby." Kyle and I were roaring with laughter.
On to Drew...he is like the energizer bunny. He is surprisingly fast when he crawls and I just can't keep up with him. I used to laugh at those mothers who had their kids on leashes because it looks so ridiculous, but now I'm like "Excuse me, where did you get that leash?" Yes, I'm eating my words and as soon as Drew is walking he will be on a leash when we are out in public. I'm sure they have a different name that they use for that product that sounds a little better than a leash, but that is basically what it is. I do love it though that he is so driven and that he loves to explore. He is so fun right now. He learned how to go down the slide face first this week. It was really pretty funny to see this tiny little person sliding down the slide, but I thought I'd just stand back and let him try it. He loved it!
This weekend I am going to be taking down wallpaper...again....yes, I still haven't finished the upstairs bathroom and it is not even close to being done. That ugly dog wallpaper doesn't seem so ugly now. Unfortunately, I've already ripped all the top layer off so there is no turning back.
I love reading your thoughts on the boys! I had the same thought about child leashes the other day when i saw a woman dragging her child down the hall by its leash ... poor little girl! So my conclusion will be that I think it's okay as long as you don't drag Drew behind you :)
ReplyDelete