Saturday, September 26, 2009

1st Birthday Party






















Today we celebrated Drew's first birthday. It was a small party with just the grandparents, but it was great! It was a Where the Wild Things Are theme. We thought it was pretty fitting for our little wild animal. I bought some cheap decorations, made Drew a little costume and attempted to decorate a cake. I found a party blog that talked about a Where the Wild Things Are birthday party and the cake looked pretty easy so I attempted to recreate this cake. Why I thought I could recreate a cake made by a former staff member of Martha Stewart's is beyond me. Thanks to my mother in law and grandma's phone consultation, we were able to have it turn out OK. It tasted fantastic, it just wasn't quite as polished looking as the cake I found on line. Drew loved his cake once he figured out that it was something to eat. He also loved his new presents that he got from his grandparents. Blake got to open a few presents too. He got an art easel and a Veggie Tales movie from Lo Lo and La La. He thinks that the presents Drew got are also his so I think he had a pretty good day too. He was very helpful setting up for the party. He taped some of the vines together and set the table. The sugar high has run out so now Drew is napping and Blake is having room time. I'm about ready to fall asleep too.

No comments:

Post a Comment