Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Minnesota Vacation


Blake and Ariana at the dockside restaurant, I can't remember it's name

Alicia and I on the boat with the kids


What a fun bunch




Ariana, Drew and Blake



Our family at the park in Waconia





We flew in to Minneapolis last Tuesday and drove over to Waconia to spend some time with my friend Alicia, her husband Travis, and their adorable two year old. We had a fantastic time. We went boating on Lake Waconia and Kyle and I even attempted to water ski. Getting in to the water was the worst part. The lake was freezing! It took me several attempts to get up but I eventually did. It didn't take Kyle as many times to get up but he fell faster. Neither of us stayed up longer than 4 seconds. I guess when you are over 30 you can't learn things as quickly. The next day Alicia and I got to go to a fun coffee shop called Mocha Monkey (fun fact is that my cousin John's girlfriend's mom is the manager of this). The guys took the kids to a park while we sat and talked. We attempted smores that night but were attacked by the mosquitoes. We still managed to make smores though. It was worth every bite. We also learned how to play Chinese Checkers. It was a fun little game and we enjoyed ganging up on Travis. He still won anyways though. Blake and Drew loved playing with Ariana and all of her toys. The time flew by too quickly but it was so great to be there and watch our kids play together.

No comments:

Post a Comment